Friday, May 27, 2011

doppio



Oh dear, almost 2 weeks without a post. I hate it that I work so hard I have not time for my own stuff, but there is no-one to blame but me. Anyway, get ready for all the things I wanted to post about and didn't get round to :)

When Rudi and I lived in Pretoria, Doppio Zero in Southdowns was our favorite restaurant. We had our first valentines date there and you could find us there most Sunday having breakfast and buying some yummy things from their bakery. There aren't a lot of things I miss about living in Gaugteng, but that Doppio is one of them.

When we moved to Cape Town we really missed our regular spot. Not that Cape Town doesn't have wonderful places to eat and hang out. But then we spotted the Doppio in Seapoint (more than a year and a half ago) and we've been threatening to try it out since then. Anyway, it took us a while, but we finally went to have dinner there on Saturday night. The gnocchi was just as amazing as it was in Centurion and we will definitely be going back. It just doesn't have the same feel as our old Doppio, but that probably has more to do with all the memories we made there than anything else.

I definitely suggest going to give it a try sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment