Thursday, March 4, 2010

wedding and whatnot



I've been a busy bee this week with all the final design stuff for the wedding. I've still got a lot of cutting out to do, but at least most of it is designed and printed. I had a lot of fun doing all the design and I just let my self enjoy it and didn't get too crazy about making it perfect. If I'd given myself half a chance I would have spent months on the design and driven myself batty. But I'm really happy with how it's all turned out.



Then the notice board I made a couple of months ago finally has some stuff on it (all from the design indaba). I wanted to do a paper cut-out background for the board, with birds and trees and clouds, but I'm glad I just left it plain as it works so well now. Hopefully I'll get a few more things to stick up on it soon.



I bought myself some bead flowers from a street vendor awhile ago and I've been hunting for the perfect vase for them. I only have 3 stems and I needed a vase that had a really narrow neck to keep them all together. I finally found just the right on at @home this week, and best of all, it was marked down half price.



The flowers Rudi planted for me have been growing and they finally, after having survived two Betsie digging attacks (why she has to dig in a pot is beyond me)they have little buds on them. I'm hoping they'll bloom soon.

Well, it's almost the weekend and I'm really looking forward to lots of rest and relaxation. We're off to Betty's Bay tomorrow and I can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment