Thursday, February 11, 2010

aKing & Ice-cream



I can't believe it's Thursday already and I haven't gotten time yet this week to do even one small post. It's been crazy, crazy, crazy here, what with all the work pouring in and all the wedding plans to be finalised. But I have a few seconds at my disposal so let me tell you a little of what's been going on.



The weekend was pretty relaxed and a bit of a blur. Did I even have a weekend? At this point it doesn't feel like it. But anyway, the highlight was going to the aKing concerts at Kirstenbosch on Sunday. It was fab. We made up a picnic basket of all our favourite woolies treats, took some nice rose along and went and camped out on the grass. The weather wasn't the best, but we still really enjoyed ourselves. We had fun looking at all the strange people that made an appearance and the music was good. All in all it was a very pleasant experience and we will definitely be doing it again.



I finally got to hang up my Alex Hamilton art. They make me so happy every time I walk past them. They went up onto the only little piece of wall we have left in the house. I can't wait to move into a bigger place (that we hopefully own) and find a really nice place for them.

Most of the week was spent working hard. Most of the week nights too :P. I'm almost ahead with everything.

Then today we went for an ice-cream tasting at Lecca il Gelato in Paarl. We're having an ice-cream bar at the wedding. Rudi originally wanted an ice-cream cake, but logistic and money brought that dream to a bitter end so we settled on having ice-cream as dessert. The ice-cream at Lecca il Gelato is by far the best I've ever tasted. Mmm... so yummy. We're having such a hard time deciding what flavours to choose. If you ever see a Lecca il Gelato store do yourself a favour and stop in for a taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment