Friday, January 8, 2010

Avatar, Cape Town and super cool logos

Avatar

Well, Rudi and I went to see Avatar last night in 3D. It was spectacular! We saw it about 2 weeks ago at the normal cinemas, but we could only get tickets to the 3D show last night as it was so fully booked. I must admit that it wasn't really a movie that I was looking forward to seeing and just thought, well, seeing as I'm a very big sci-fi and fantasy fan I might as well make the effort. And I'm glad I did because it absolutely blew me away. If you haven't seen it yet do yourself a favour and go.

I think my favourite thing is that most of the time you completely forget you're watching special effects, especially with the characters, they are so well done. And Sam Worthington is just yummy :)

Today I went to meet one of the girls, that I do a lot of graphic design, for who lives in Australia and just happens to be in SA for the holidays. It was so nice to put finally meet her as we've only chatted on skype. What a honey! We chatted for 2 hours and I think we had enough to speak about to carry on for another two. It's great to know that there are such nice people to work for out there.

While out and about I drove through Cape Town. I realized again what an amazing city it is with the most wonderful vibe. I feel very lucky to live here and I think Rudi and I will be saying "Can't believe we live here" for the next couple of years. Moving down from Pretoria was the best idea.

Then just some random pics of some cool logos. These were on the side of the Daddy Longlegs Airstream at the Old Biscuit Mill. Just love them. Check out the link here http://www.granddaddy.co.za/hotel_airstream.php.


The Grand Daddy Logo

Daddy Longlegs Logo

I really want to go stay over in one of these. I'll have to add it to my list of things to do in Cape Town.

Ejoy the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment